Meatballs topped with home-made kimchi that you can pop into your hungry mouth in one single euphoric bite. These are the perfect snacks for Happy Hour, or any hour, any day!
1. Place all the ingredients, except the last four, into a large bowl and mix well.
2. Wet your hands and place about one rounded tablespoon (15 ml) of the mixture into one palm. Use your other palm to roll the mixture into a ball. Continue doing this until you have used up all the mixture.
3. Put the balls in a flat container with sides, such as a Pyrex pie dish or container.
4. Pour the kimchi brine over the meatballs. Cover the dish, and place in fridge. Allow to marinade for 24 - 48 hours. At the mid-way point, turn the meatballs over so that they get the kimchi brine goodness on all sides.
5. When ready, lift the meatballs out and pat dry with paper towels. Discard the kimchi brine.
6. Heat up a heavy, non-stick pan with the cooking oil of choice.
(A well-seasoned cast iron pan is ideal.)
7. Place the meatballs into the hot pan and sear well on one side. About 2 - 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook for another 3 - 4 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Place the cooked meatballs on a nice plate and top each with a dollop of the prepared kimchi.
Great served with a Kimchi Bloody Mary.
Comments will be approved before showing up.