To be honest, I've never liked Bloody Marys because I don't like Tobasco, and processed tomato juice. My apologies to all those out there who are fans of the red hot sauce from Louisiana, and V8. I do like kimchi and I am crazy about concocting cocktails using the brine from fermented foods, so I donned my mixologist hat this morning and got rather creative. The happy result is the following libation. Cheers!
1. Place the sat in a shallow dish. Rub a trail of juice on the rim of a high-ball style glass with one of the lime wedges.
2. Turn the glass upside down, and dip in the salt to coat the rim. Add in a few cubes of ice.
3. Fill a cocktail shaker with several cubes of ice.
4. Place the brine, tomato juice, vodka, horseradish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and lime juice into the shaker. Place cap on and shake vigorously, about ten times.
5. Pour the contents into the prepared glass.
6. Garnish with the celery stalk and remaining lime wedge. Salut!
*Knudsen's Organic Tomato Juice is a good substitute.
Comments will be approved before showing up.