Ready to preserve blueberries using fermentation and turn them into something incredible and like nothing you've ever tasted before?
Serving suggestion: Fermented Blueberries with Zucchini Ribbons
1. Make salt brine by dissolving sea salt in filtered water.
2. Place blueberries, rose buds and cinnamon stick into jar.
3. Pour brine into jar until it is one inch above the top of the ingredients.
4. Place your Kraut Source unit on according to directions.
5. Place your ferment in a cool spot in your kitchen, away from direct sunlight.
6. Allow to ferment for 7 - 8 days.
(Best temperature is between 65F to 75F.)
7. When ready, remove Kraut Source unit, and replace the mason jar lid and ring on, then store in the refrigerator.
Note: The fermented brine is great to use for a salad dressing, or add a shot to a cocktail for a cultured experience. Cheers!
*Organic rose buds can be purchased from Mountain Rose Herbs or Star West Botanicals.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 21, 2020
I made with with 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cardamom pods, and 2 cloves (I didn’t have any rosebuds or vanilla beans). They’re delicious!