- 3-1/2 cups filtered water
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons sea salt
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) serrano peppers, whole, stems removed
- 6-8 cloves garlic (or more if you like garlic)
- 1/2 cup of brine from the fermented peppers
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 - 4 Tablespoons raw cane sugar (amount of sugar depends on the hotness of the peppers, and your own tolerance.)
1. Heat water from Part 1 to a simmer, remove from heat and dissolve salt. Allow the brine (salt + water) to cool completely.
2. Put the peppers and garlic in a quart-size, wide-mouth mason jar, and top with brine.
3. Place Kraut Source onto the jar.
4. Check to see that brine covers peppers by at least 1 inch.
5. Allow to ferment for 10-14 days in a cool spot, away from direct sunlight.
6. When fermentation is done, remove Kraut Source, and place peppers in a blender.
7. Add in ingredients from Part 2 and mix well.
8. Optional: if you don't like the seeds, you can strain the mixture.
9. Place in a clean glass jar, and store in the refrigerator. The sauce will last 3 - 4 weeks.