1. Bring the filtered water to a boil. Pour into a glass, stainless steel, or ceramic bowl and dissolve the salt to make the brine. Allow to cool completely before using.
2. Place the blueberries, radishes, and strawberries, in that order, into a quart-size mason jar. The top of the strawberry layer should reach a little above the shoulder of the jar. Add in the cinnamon stick.
3. Pour the brine into the jar until there is enough to cover the mixture by one inch (2.5 cm).
4. Place Kraut Source onto the jar. Allow to ferment for 7 days in a cool spot, away from direct sunlight. Check every few days that there is water in the moat, and top off as needed.
5. When the ferment has achieved a taste to your liking, remove Kraut Source and replace with a standard mason jar lid and ring. Transfer to the refrigerator. Your ferment will last for two weeks.
Note: If the temperature in your kitchen is higher than 72 - 75F (22 - 24C), ferment for only 5 days.
Comments will be approved before showing up.