I created these beautiful Marvelous Marbled Eggs with juice from Fermented Red Beets.
- 2 cups (480 ml) fermented beet juice
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, shell on
1. Lightly roll the eggs (with shell on) on a flat surface to crack the shell. DO NOT remove the cracked shells. This is what gives it that magical marbled look.
2. Place the cracked-shell eggs in the beet juice and allow to marinade for 3 - 4 hours. Rotate the eggs a few times to ensure that all sides get even saturation.
3. When ready, completely peel the eggs. Voila!
Note: Because beet juice is 100% natural, the color will fade over time, so serve the eggs the same day.