This is the most satisfying combo ever! And every bit is filled with cultured goodness.
All based on our Lemon & Jalapeno Ferment recipe. This dish has several steps, but it's really easy and well worth the effort.
For the chicken:
- 2 whole chicken thighs
- 2 whole chicken breast
- 1 cup (240 ml) brine from Lemon & Jalapeno Ferment
- 1 fermented lemon from Lemon & Jalapeno Ferment, the flesh only
(Save rind for the Lemony Mayo)
1. Place the chicken pieces in a container and pour in the brine.
2. Cover, and store in the fridge to marinade for 24 - 36 hours.
3. When ready, lift the chicken pieces out and pat dry. Discard the brine.
4. Cook the chicken pieces on a grill or roast in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Serves 4 - 6
For the Salsa:
- 2 whole fermented lemons from Lemon & Jalapeno Ferment
- 1 whole fermented jalapeno from Lemon & Jalapeno Ferment
- 3 whole fermented pearl onions from Lemon & Jalapeno Ferment
- 2 Tablespoons (10 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1. Finely dice the fermented ingredients and place into a bowl.
(If you don't want the heat from the jalapeno peppers, remove the seeds.)
2. Add in olive oil and mix well.
For the Lemony Mayo:
- Rind from 2 fermented lemons from the Lemon-Jalapeno Ferment
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) fermented brine from the Lemon-Jalapeno Ferment
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1. Place the first 4 ingredients into a blender and pulse a few times until mushy.
2. With the motor running on low, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until a mayonnaise-like mixture is formed.
(You may need to add in a little more olive oil to achieve a smooth consistency.)
That's it! Now you can assemble your very own cultured dinner. And if you want to make that Lemoncello Rosemary Cultured Cocktail, click HERE.