Here's a twist on the classic recipe for Deviled Eggs.
Adding in pickled brine and using our mayonnaise recipe adds flavor and healthy live-cultures (probiotics) to this traditional egg dish.
6 free-range or pastured eggs, hard boiled
1/3 cup mayonnaise OR Cultured Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons fermented brine from Real Pickles, Classic Sauerkraut
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
Paprika for sprinkling on top of prepared egg
(My favorite paprika is from Red Fangs. It's also organic!)
Optional: Top each Deviled Egg with a small slice of Real Pickle
1. Peel the boiled eggs, and cut in half, length-wise.
2. Carefully scoop out the yolk with a small teaspoon. Being careful not to damage the egg white halves. Set aside.
3. Place the yolks into a food processor. Add rest of ingredients (except for the paprika and pickles, if using)
Blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
4. Put the yolk mixture into a small piping bag with a star tip, and pipe into the reserved egg white halves.
5. Top each portion with a good sprinkling of paprika.
6. Top with a small slice of Real Pickles, if using.
There, you've deviled the eggs and cultured them, too!