Saturday, Sept 12, 2020
10:30 am PST
Watch the recording here
Follow along LIVE with gourmands Angelo Garro and Karen Diggs as they teach how to make authentic, pillowy, and feather light gnocchi, the Sicilian way. If you wish, you can gather the needed ingredients beforehand and cook along with us during the webinar. Recipe is below.
This webinar is FREE. As space is limited, please register in advance HERE.
Angelo’s Handmade Gnocchi
1. Boil the unpeeled potatoes whole until soft when pierced with a fork. Let cool until almost at room temperature.
2. Peel the potatoes and run them through a potato ricer. Time to get messy!
3. Combine the flours, salt, and baking powder. Then add the egg, the potatoes and mix gently with your hands until the flour is moistened and the dough starts to clump together: do not overwork the dough, otherwise your gnocchi with end up really tough.
4. With the palms of your hand, roll the dough on a floured surface into ropes of 1 inch in diameter. With a sharp knife, cut the rope crosswise every 3/4 inch into square gnocchi.
5. Cook the gnocchi right away in a large pot of boiling water or freeze them to void oxidation.
~Serves 4-5 people