Sweet Potato Pancakes with Chow-Chow Kraut
8 oz. sweet potato, peeled & shredded
1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
1 Tablespoon sorghum or brown rice flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 whole egg (preferably pastured or free-range)
2 - 3 Tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
1/2 cup full fat yogurt
3/4 cups (approx.) Chow-Chow Kraut as topping. Click HERE for recipe.
Yield: Eight 2-1/2" pancakes
1. Place the shredded sweet potato, scallion, flour, and seasoning in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Mix in the egg to as a binder.
3. Heat a cast-iron pan on medium high heat, and add in 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
4. Spoon 3 - 4 dollops of the sweet potato mixture into the pan and flatten each dollop into a 2-1/2" rounds.
5. Cook for 3 -4 minutes on one side and flip over to cook the other side.
6. When done (they should be crispy and brown), top with about 1 Tablespoon of yogurt and Chow-Chow Kraut.