Marvelous Marbled Eggs
I created these beautiful Marvelous Marbled Eggs with fermented beet juice.
Want to know how to make these? You're in the right place!
You do need about 2 cups of fermented beet juice ,which is the brine used in making fermented beets. (Recipe follows.)
2 cups fermented beet juice
6 hard boiled eggs, shell on
1. Lightly roll the eggs (with shell on) on a flat surface to crack the shell.
DO NOT remove the cracked shells. This is what gives it that magical marbled look.
2. Place the cracked-shell eggs in the beet juice and allow to marinade for 3 - 4 hours.
Rotate the eggs a few times to ensure that all sides get even saturation.
3. When ready, completely peel the eggs. Voila!
Note: Because beet juice is 100% natural, the color will fade over time, so serve the eggs the same day.
Here's how to make fermented beets:
2 - 3 (about 1.5 lbs.)raw red beets, peeled and cut into small dice or shredded
1 Tablespoon sea salt
3 to 3-1/2 cups filtered water
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1. Make a brine by dissolving the salt in water.
2. Place the prepared beets in a quart-size mason jar to the shoulder.
3. Pour the brine in to cover the top of the beets by 1".
4. Place your Kraut Souce unit on top according to directions.
5. Allow to ferment at room temperature for at least 5 days, and up to 2 weeks.