Note: This recipes is for a quart-size, wide-mouth mason jar
- 4 cups (960 g) mixed firm fruits, such as plums, peaches, pears, mangoes, and pineapple
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mint leaves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons (7.5 ml) coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) whey (see this video on how to make your own whey)
- Enough brine* to cover mixture by 1 inch (2.5 cm)
1. Follow directions on video.
2. Allow chutney to ferment at room temperature for 3 - 5 days.
3. After fermentation, remove Kraut Source and replace with the standard mason jar lid and ring. Transfer to the refrigerator.
*Brine ratio = 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sea salt dissolved in 1 cup (240 ml) filtered water
Note: If your kitchen is very warm, 75F (24C) or above, then 3 days will do