Here's a twist on the original favorite...
And you can also make our Cultured Love Potion Cocktail using the fermented brine from this recipe!
1-1/4 pounds green cabbage, finely shredded
1-1/2 Tablespoons sea salt
1 whole crisp apple (I like Fuji)
1/3 cup organic rose buds
3 to 5 whole juniper berries
1/2 whole vanilla bean
1. Place the shredded cabbage into a large wooden, stainless steel. or glass bowl.
2. Add salt and massage into cabbage for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
4. Pack mixture into a quart-size, wide-mouth mason jar, by using a kraut pounder or end of a rolling pin.
(Ingredients should reach the shoulder of the jar.)
5. Place your Kraut Source unit onto the mason jar according to directions.
6. Allow to ferment for 7- 10 days.