- 8 oz. sweet potato, peeled & shredded
- 1 stalk scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon sorghum or brown rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 whole egg (preferably pasture-raised or free-range)
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons coconut oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup (approx.) Chow-Chow Kraut as topping
Yield: Eight 2-1/2" pancakes
1. Combine the shredded sweet potato, scallion, flour, and seasoning in a bowl. Mix in the egg.
2. Heat a cast-iron pan on medium high heat, and add in 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
3. Spoon 3 - 4 dollops of the sweet potato mixture into the pan and flatten each dollop into 2-1/2" rounds.
4. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes on one side and flip over to cook the other side. Add more coconut oil, as needed.
5. When done (they should be crispy and brown), top with about 1 Tablespoon of yogurt and Chow-Chow Kraut.