I got up yesterday morning and came up with this nutrient-dense, grain and gluten-free breakfast wrap and hope that you will try it too. It's a delicious way to start your day without heavy carbohydrates that will upset your blood sugar balance while including fermented vegetables and hot sauce that will provide probiotics to jump start your microbiome, and mushrooms that will help to increase your immunity.
For one serving
2 pastured-raised/free-ranged eggs
1-1/2 Tablespoon butter, ghee, or coconut oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
6 - 7 medium shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
(you can also use crimini or other mushrooms)
sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
1/3 cup kimchi
1 Tablespoon Fermented Sriracha or Devil's Own Hot Sauce
Few slivers of scallion as garnish, optional
1. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk them for a minute. Add in sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste.
2. Heat a non-stick pan (an well seasoned cast-iron pan is ideal) with one Tablespoon cooking oil of choice.
3. Pour in the eggs and swirl pan around to distribute evenly, like a pancake.
4. Cook for about one minute, and gently flip over. Heat for another minute or so until the thin egg "pancake" is cooked through. Transfer onto a plate.
5. In to same pan, add in 1/2 Tablespoon of cooking oil, and heat to medium high. Add in the garlic and sliced mushrooms and season with sea salt and pepper. Cooked until done. (About 3 - 4 minutes.)
6. Arrange cooked mushrooms at the edge of the the cooked egg pancake, and top with kimchi and fermented hot sauce of choice, garnish with scallion, if using.
7. Roll up like a burrito, tucking in the sides.