There are pairings that are made in cocktail heaven. This libation is a perfect example; mingling
homemade kimchi brine with a beautiful fermented rice wine made in the small village of
Ulju-gun, Ulsan, in Korea. Boksoondoga Rice wine is a family-run business and the wine is made
from natural fermentation.
- 4 - 5 ice cubes
- 4 oz. (113 g) Boksoondoga Rice wine
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) kimchi brine
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh lime juice
1. Place the ice cubes in a cocktail mixer.
2. Pour rest of ingredients into the mixer.
3. Shake 30 times, with vigor.
4. Pour into a prepared glass. See below on how to rim your glass just like the image above.
To rim the glass:
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) gochugaru*
- 1 wedge lime
1. Combine the sugar and gochugaru in a shallow dish.
2. Smear the edge of a cocktail glass with the lime wedge.
3. Invert the glass and dunk in the dish.
*Gochugaru, or Korean red pepper flakes, is readily available in Korean or Asian grocery stores.