1-1/2 Tablespoons sea salt
2-1/2 cups filtered water
2-1/2 cups organic corn kernels, fresh
1 cup diced tomatillo
1/2 purple onion, cut into medium dice
1 jalapeno, seeded, and diced, or keep whole
1 bunch fresh cilantro, stemmed and rough chopped
1. Make a brine by bringing water to a boil and dissolve salt. Allow to cool completely.
2. Place the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
3. Put the mixed ingredients into a quart-size, wide mouth mason jar.
(Use a wooden kraut pounder, or back of a rolling pin to gently pack down the
ingredients to the shoulder of the jar.)
4. Pour enough brine over the ingredients until it covers the top by one inch.
5. Place your Kraut Source unit on according to directions and allow to ferment at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, for 7 - 8 days.