Avocado lovers here we go! Now you can love avocados even more by churning it into ice cream. This recipe includes a splash of fermented brine and yogurt to pump up your probiotic intake while experiencing cold creamy sweet euphoria. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, Earth Day, or listening to Green Day.
- 8 oz. (227 g) avocado, just the flesh by weight
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) full-fat, plain yogurt (grass-fed is best)
- 1 cup (240 ml) Half & Half (organic is best)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shelled pistachios, finely ground
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) organic sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) stevia leaf powder*
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) brine from your lacto-fermented Real Pickles or Classic Sauerkraut
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) wheatgrass juice powder**, optional
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and mix well.
2. Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's directions.
3. Serve topped with more chopped pistachios, if desired.
*To get stevia in its most natural form, I recommend the leaf powder from Mountain Rose Herbs. Stevia helps to pump up the sweetness without adding too much sugar, and it is good for people with blood sugar issues. If you don't want to use stevia, increase the sugar by 1/4 cup (60 ml).
**Wheatgrass provides chlorophyll and other nutrients that are good for the body.
I dream of green ice cream!