Golden Cauliflower & Beets with Saffron
1 Tablespoon sea salt
2-1/2 cups filtered water
8 oz. yellow beets, peeled and cut into small dices
1o oz. cauliflower florets
1 small shallot, sliced
1 bay leaf
1/8 teaspoon saffron strands soaked in 2 Tablespoons water for 10 minutes
1. Bring the water to boil and pour into a bowl. Dissolve the salt into the water and allow to cool completely. This is the brine.
2. Mix the cut beets, cauliflower florets, shallot, and bay leaf in a bowl.
3. Place the mixed ingredients into a quart-size, wide-mouth mason jar. The contents should reach the shoulder of the jar.
4. Stir the saffron infused water into the brine, and pour into the mason jar. The brine should be about one inch above the top of the vegetables.
5. Place you Kraut Source unit on according to directions. Place your ferment in a cool place, away from direct sunlight.
Allow to ferment for 7 - 10 days.