Devil's Own Fermented Hot Sauce
3-1/2 cups filtered water
1-1/2 tablespoons sea salt
1/2 pound (8 oz) serrano peppers, whole, stems removed
6-8 cloves garlic (or more if you like garlic)
When fermentation is done:
1/2 cup of brine from the fermented peppers
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 - 4 Tablespoons raw cane sugar (amount of sugar depends on the hotness of the peppers, and your own tolerance.)
1. Heat water to a simmer, remove from heat and dissolve salt.
Allow the brine (salt + water) to cool completely.
2. Put the peppers in a quart-size mason jar, and top with brine.
3. Assemble Kraut Source.
4. Check to see that brine covers peppers by at least 1 inch.
5. Ferment for 10-14 days.
6. When fermentation is done, place peppers in a blender, and add in 1/2 cup brine from the fermentation.
7. Add in the other ingredients and mix well.
8. Optional: if you don't like the seeds, you can strain the mixture.
9. Place in a clean glass jar, and store in fridge. Will last 3 - 4 weeks.